Newcastle, New South Wales
Our psychologists and counsellors are trained in the Heal For Life model of trauma recovery.
We honour the survivor perspective and your own self-knowledge to ensure you find safety, understanding and hope in our services.
Trauma can cause mental illness and addiction
Research shows that the majority of people who experience mental illness have experienced trauma. Childhood trauma physically affects the way our brain develops which impacts how we think, how we process emotions and our behaviour.
If you’re experiencing overwhelming emotional pain or struggling to cope with ‘normal life’ our experienced psychologists and counsellors can help you to understand what you’re experiencing, heal your trauma and feel ‘normal’ and happy again.
We help you to overcome the emotional and mental challenges of childhood trauma
- Overcome trauma and its effect on your life
- Find hope and joy in living.
- Strengthen and repair relationships
- Overcome anxiety and depression
- Understand and support your child through trauma to healing
- Deal with the effects of stress in your life
- Improve your self confidence and make better choices
- Work through grieving and facing loss
- Manage your mental health
- Implement strategies to manage and heal from addiction
- Regulate anger and emotional overwhelm
The brain is plastic and changeable - it can be healed
All clinical staff are qualified, registered and trained to help you to heal from trauma.
Our psychologists and counsellors are either survivors of childhood trauma themselves, or they have been trained by survivors to understand the trauma experience and what survivors need to feel safe and to heal.
With expert knowledge in human behaviour and specialising in child and family therapy and childhood trauma, our psychologists use a variety of approaches. These include cognitive behavioural and emotion focussed interventions and interventions to develop healthy relationships between parents and children. All of our psychologists are trained in helping you to heal from trauma.