How to Heal Yourself from the Pain of Childhood Trauma and Abuse
This book will empower you with the knowledge, tools and support you need to heal for life and feel hopeful about your future.
It is a step-by-step guide to help you regain control of your emotions, behaviours, and your life.
Described as “essential reading” by survivors and mental health professionals alike…
Can’t attend a program? Get the next best thing.
The Heal For Life book is based on our successful trauma recovery programs that have helped over 8,500 people heal from childhood trauma.
You’ll learn the same model that’s been independently evaluated to achieve significant, long-term improvements to the mental health, emotional and social functioning, pain and vitality for guests.
This book will help you understand:
- The impact of trauma on the brain and the nervous system, and how this impacts your thoughts, emotions, behaviours, and how you relate to others.
- The prerequisite to any and all healing – safety – and how to establish safety for yourself and with others.
- How to build a connection with your inner self/child – a vehicle to access the part of your unconscious that was wounded by the traumatic event or events.
- How to overcome emotional triggers permanently.
- How to recognise and enjoy all emotions, including the painful ones.
- The importance of your “adult self’ in healing and how to use it to protect you from overwhelming emotions or memories
- Learning to love and nurture yourself
- Setting boundaries
- Changing thought patterns
- Additional suggestions for life-long healing and recovery