OUR MISSION AND VISION
Empowering people to heal from childhood trauma and child abuse.
- To be a centre of excellence for healing from childhood trauma, depression and anxiety.
- To be a valuable resource for survivors and their families, available through all media forms.
- To assist survivors of childhood trauma without discrimination by age, gender, sexuality, physical ability, spiritual beliefs or cultural background.
- To have all healing programs run by survivors of childhood trauma.
- To have survivor-facilitators of the highest professional standards, supported by committed loving trained peer support volunteers.
- To have a nationally-accredited training course for survivors, so Heal For Life Foundation philosophies can influence the way victims of child abuse and childhood trauma are healed.
- To encourage change in the way parenting and child-rearing is approached in Australia.
- To change the way perpetrators are treated in this country, showing a more compassionate view than that currently encouraged.
- To operate an effective outreach program.
- To promote a better understanding of the affects of childhood trauma and abuse , encouraging people to see the connection between diagnosis such as Depression, Anxiety, Suicidal thoughts and their childhood.
- To facilitate the program within Indigenous communities.